Food Truck Operator JobGarden City, UT 33573
Apply NowApply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This JobPlan, direct, or coordinate the successful operations of the food truck and supervision of staff. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations of the food truck, location planning and advertising, safety and health code observations. The supervisor is responsible for working in collaboration with restaurant management to safely pack and transport food to events and then work with “on-site” partners and health inspectors to set up and execute service.
- Learn, own, live, and teach the Code of Values and Classic Standards.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Cody’s Gastro Garage and the Water’s Edge Resort.
- Ensure that all restaurant policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs and followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving and building maintenance.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Managing events & staff day to day in various locations & operations (food trucks, stadiums).
- Pack all food and supplies needed for scheduled event.
- Safely drive company vehicle to event.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicles and work areas at all times. Monitor and report any repairs needed to vehicles or equipment.
- Supervise up to 10 staff members at events to set up and operate stands that meet health codes and are capable of efficiently executing service.
- Serve as Cody’s representative to event health inspector and take any immediate corrective action required.
- Take inventory counts pre and post events. Sign off on all sales and inventory reports.
- Reconcile and complete all cash and credit card sales reports.
- Verify accuracy of staff timecards.
- Handle any customer complaints or issues that occur during an event that are related to the product/service provided by Cody’s.
- Directly communicate and interact with Guests in a friendly manner, at respective volume & handle crowds and put Guests at ease.
- Communicate any employee or operational concerns to GM
- Follow proper company preparation standards to portion and prepare menu items based on guest choice.
- Have strong menu knowledge and be able to explain menu items and terms and provides suggestions to guests when asked. Communicate with team members to ensure order accuracy and guest satisfaction.
- Accurately input orders into POS, handle money, make change, and process credit card transactions.
- Maintain a clean and organized work station at all times.
- Maintain a positive attitude when faced with long periods of heavy workload
- Analyze menu, cost of items, price of items, and movement to maintain the most profitable product mix.
- Complete other tasks, projects and job duties as assigned and/or deemed appropriate.
- Troubleshoot issues internally with POS provider, keep current on POS system technology and training
QualificationsMust be 18 years of age and candidate must be able to:
- Maintain a high degree of pace and intensity for an extended period of time while performing with quality and accuracy.
- Withstand exposure to possible food allergens including but not limited to meats, fish, nuts, dairy, and oils.
- Withstand exposure to and work with cleaning chemicals.
- Lift up to 40 lbs constantly.
- Lift from floor to shoulder constantly and overhead infrequently.
- Twist, reach, & bend frequently.
- Listen to and comprehend communication from staff and event coordinators over background noise.
- Frequently wash hands.
- Adhere to schedule and be on time for shifts.
- Adhere to company uniform and appearance policy.
- Provide proof of a valid driver’s license, personal auto insurance and clean driving record.
- Obtain ServSafe certification within one month of hire.
- 1 – 3 Years’ experience in a supervisory role in the hospitality industry.
- Experience working in Food Truck/Vending operations (preferred).
- High School degree or equivalent preferred and/or 1-year experience in related industry
- Good communication skills, friendly and polite demeanor.
- Strong knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in a restaurant.
- Strong interpersonal skills; Team player.
- Ability to think independently and implement solutions during high volume periods