Host JobGarden City, UT 38265
Apply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This JobProvide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests, by welcoming and warmly greeting guests on arrival. Manage the efficient and timely seating of our guests to a table that best serves their wishes.
- Learn, own, live, and teach the Code of Values and Classic Standards.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Cody’s Gastro Garage and the Water’s Edge Resort.
- Open the front door for guests entering or leaving the restaurant when possible.
- Warmly and graciously greet all guests and seat them at tables or in waiting areas.
- Record guest names and the number of people in party and provide guests with estimated waiting time when immediate seating is limited.
- Provide guests with menus and inform them of their server’s name upon seating.
- Use texting wait program correctly and efficiently.
- Assign guests to tables suitable for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of seatings.
- Answer telephone calls and respond to inquiries or transfer calls.
- Maintain contact with management and guests to ensure that dining details are handled properly, and customers' concerns are addressed.
- Inspect dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
- Inform guests of establishment specialties and features.
- Inspect restrooms for cleanliness and availability of supplies and clean restrooms when necessary.
- Direct guests to waiting areas.
- Relay messages to servers and bussers as needed.
- Thank guests as they leave and invite them to return.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Help bus and sanitize tables where needed.
- Take and prepare to-go orders.
- Operate cash registers to accept payments for food and beverages.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of dining room staff to ensure that patrons receive prompt and courteous service.
- Order or requisition supplies and equipment for tables and serving stations.
- Assist with preparing and serving food and beverages.
QualificationsTool and Technology:
- Carbonated beverage dispenser
- Cash registers
- Commercial use coffee or iced tea makers
- Ice dispensers
- Non-carbonated beverage dispenser
- Personal computers
- Pocket calculator
- Point-of-sale terminals and workstations
- Point-of-sale software
- Special purpose telephones
- Touch screen monitors
- Calendar and scheduling software
- Office suite software (Microsoft Office)
- Spreadsheet software (Microsoft Excel)