Line Cook JobGarden City, UT 33575
Why You'll Love This Job
Cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
- Learn, own, live, and teach the Code of Values and Classic Standards.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Cody’s Gastro Garage and the Water’s Edge Resort.
- Inspect and clean, and maintain food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at the correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, fryers, roasters, and other kitchen equipment.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Knows and complies consistently with the restaurant’s standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the quality of products served.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to support a smooth service period.
- Season and cook food according to recipes.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Closes the kitchen following the closing checklist for kitchen stations and assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offer suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs.
- Keep records and accounts.
- Coordinate and supervise work of kitchen staff.
- Prepare relishes and hors d'oeuvres.
- Estimate expected food consumption, requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
- Butcher and dress animals, fowl, or shellfish, or cut and bone meat prior to cooking.
- Plan and price menu items.
- Bake breads, rolls, cakes, and pastries.
QualificationsTools and Technology:
- Knowledge of Commercial Kitchen equipment:
- blenders, grinders, slicers
- broilers, convection ovens, deep fryers, griddles, grills, microwave ovens, ranges, rotisseries, steamers
- cutlery (boning knives, chefs' knives, paring knives)
- ovens (conveyor ovens, rotating rack ovens, salamander ovens, pizza ovens, smokers or smoke ovens)
- Cutting machinery
- Domestic knives (cimeter knives, filet knives, utility knives)
- Food safety labeling systems
- Personal computers
- Point of sale terminal
- Slicing machinery
- Recipe cost control software
- Spreadsheet software (Microsoft Excel)