Prep Cook JobGarden City, UT 33576
Apply NowApply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This JobCook and prepare a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the Daily Prep List.
- Learn, own, live, and teach the Code of Values and Classic Standards.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Cody’s Gastro Garage and the Water’s Edge Resort.
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Understand and comply with standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Clean and sanitize the workstation area including tables, shelves, walls grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Take and record temperature of food and food storage areas, such as refrigerators and freezers.
- Portion according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications and wrap the food.
- Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers.
- Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed and provide cooks with needed items.
- Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
- Use manual or electric appliances to clean, peel, slice, and trim foods.
- Promptly inform supervisors when equipment is not working properly and when food and supplies are getting low, and order needed items.
- Uses the Standard Recipe Card for preparing all products; does not rely on the memory of oneself or others.
- Complete opening and closing checklists and assist others in opening and closing the kitchen.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offer suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Butcher and clean fowl, fish, poultry, and shellfish to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Keep records of the quantities of food used.
- Load dishes, glasses, and tableware into dishwashing machines.
- Cut, slice, or grind meat, poultry, and seafood to prepare for cooking.
- Stock cupboards and refrigerators.
- Add cutlery, napkins, food, and other items to trays on assembly lines in hospitals, cafeterias, airline kitchens, and similar establishments.
- Prepare and serve a variety of beverages such as coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
- Sweep and mop the kitchen floor.
- Scrape leftovers from dishes into garbage containers.
QualificationsTools and Technology:
- Knowledge of Commercial Kitchen equipment:
- Cutting machinery
- Domestic knives (cimeter knives, filet knives, utility knives)
- Food safety labeling systems
- Slicing machinery
- Recipe cost control software