Server JobGarden City, UT 37857
Apply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server’s primary objective is to show our guests such a marvelous time, they will want to return.
- Learn, own, live, and teach the Code of Values and Classic Standards.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Cody’s Gastro Garage and the Water’s Edge Resort.
- Greets guests within 60 seconds of seating.
- Inform guests of menu changes and daily specials and make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Take food or beverages orders from guests.
- Prepare hot and cold drinks for guests. Servers over 21 (Utah) and 19 (Idaho) can pour/serve alcoholic drinks (beer and wine).
- Check guests’ identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Answer questions about menu items, beverages, and other restaurant functions and services.
- Serve food or beverages to guests.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience to ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service and respond promptly and courteously to correct any problems.
- Pre-bus during the meal and clean tables or counters after guests have finished dining.
- Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Prepare tables for meals, including sanitization, refill of condiments baskets, adding silverware.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses and pour the wines for guests.
- Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, soup, and brewing coffee.
- Garnish and decorate dishes in preparation for serving.
- Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Describe and recommend wines to guests.
- Collect payments from guests.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions.
QualificationsTools and Technology:
- Cash registers
- Commercial use cutlery
- Credit card processing machines
- Point-of-sale receipt printers
- Point-of-sale terminals and workstations
- Touch screen monitors
- Point-of-sale software